BoilerMag Magnetic Filters
All heating systems are at risk from magnetite (sludge) which forms when water reacts with ferrous components. Left unchecked this can seriously reduce energy efficiency and cause premature failure of components, resulting in high maintenance costs.
The solution is to install a magnetic filter which removes the magnetite from the system. This will ensure that the water circulating through your hydronic central heating system is kept clean and reduces the risk of damage to pumps and other vital components.
BoilerMag high performance filters have been carefully engineered to provide lasting protection for larger heating and cooling systems. Powerful magnetic circuits combined with optimised fluid flow dynamics ensure that virtually every particle of magnetite (sludge) is removed on the first pass through the filter, thereby improving efficiency and protecting system components.
BoilerMag magnetic filters also include automatic air vents which bleed air from the system, thus reducing corrosion.
A choice of filters
The range includes the BoilermagXL filter which is ideal for medium sized properties with 1½” connections and the BoilermagXT range which is ideal for heavy duty industrial heating and cooling systems with 2” up to 12” connections.
Added Protection against Corrosion
In addition to providing protection against magnetite (sludge), BoilermagXL and BoilermagXT units are supplied with Automatic Air Vents. Air is a catalyst and enables corrosion to develop in heating and cooling systems. It can be trapped in the system when commissioned or released naturally when cold water is heated. This can result in excessive noise, reduction in flow rates, reduced heat exchange and corrosion. Boilermag’s Automatic Air Vent continually releases air without any manual intervention, significantly reducing the risk of the problems.
Full Flow Design – filters 100% of water on first pass
A full flow filter is fitted in-line within the main circulation, hence 100% of system water passes through on each pass. It is vital that magnetite is extracted immediately from the circulation before it reaches the boiler. The alternative side stream filter method allows magnetite (sludge) to circulate several times and may even never be captured.
Dual Flow System Filter
Cost effective protection for medium sized properties
BoilermagXL is a high performance filter for medium sized commercial, retail or large residential properties. It is extremely cost effective for mid-range projects where a typical domestic filter is too small and an industrial filter too big or expensive.
BoilermagXL provides protection against 3 key areas that are commonly associated with heating and cooling systems, magnetite (sludge), scale and air.
• Integral mesh guard intercepts lime-scale and other non-magnetic debris
• High performance magnetic core which removes magnetite (sludge)
• Automatic Air Vent reduces the risk of air generated corrosion
- 3 year warranty
- No block feature
- Easy to service and clean
- Large collection capacity
- No consumable or replacement parts
- Dual flow action – excellent dirt removal rates
- Compact design – in comparison to large industrial filters
- Easy installation – fits standard 1½” BSP connections
- Automatic Air Vent
- Easy to remove lid and magnetic core
- Compatible with 1½” BSP connections
- Dual flow around the core ensures maximum exposure to the magnetic field giving maximised collection efficiency
- Mesh guard – removes non-magnetic debris such as scale
- Easy access drain plug
- Patented magnetic core with “no block” feature
- High intensity magnets attract contamination
- Full stainless steel construction
Industrial Heating System Protection
Cost effective protection for larger sized projects
BoilermagXT is a range of high specification full flow filters for large industrial sized heating and cooling systems. BoilermagXT features a robust fabricated stainless steel construction which is ideal for the most demanding of applications.
With model sizes compatible for 2” up to 12” port sizes and PN16 flanges, BoilermagXT easily handles the efficiency and reliability demands of large industrial heating and cooling systems.
It provides long lasting protection for system components such as heat exchangers, pumps, radiators and fan coil units.
- Easy installation – fits standard PN16 flanged connections
- Simple to service and clean – no need to disconnect
- Operating pressure up to 12 bar**
- Operating temperature up to 150˚C*
- Flow rates up to 310m³/hr
- Full flow – filters 100% of fluid
- Minimal pressure reductions
- Huge dirt collection capacity
- No on-going running costs
- Simple connection to standard flanged connections
- Automatic Air Vent
- Multiple high power Neodymium magnetic cores
- Robust fabricated stainless steel body
- Excellent flow dynamics (maximum collection, minimum pressure drop)
- Easy access drain plug
- Easy to clean magnetic cores
- Port sizes available up to 12”