Geelong Grammar’s indoor sports facility embraces environmentally sustainable design to deliver a new approach to health and wellbeing for its users.
Located at the Geelong Grammar School’s Corio campus, the Handbury Centre for Wellbeing is the school’s main centre for sport, health and general wellbeing.
With a design focused on physical wellbeing rather than just competition, it comprises a multi-purpose sports hall, FINA-accredited 25 metre swimming pool and diving facility, gymnasium, dance studio and café.
The building features a number of environmentally sustainable design (ESD) initiatives including active façade, natural ventilation and night purge and rainwater reuse.
The design approach to heating the 25m swimming pool has also focused on energy efficiency through the use of two Meridian condensing hot water heaters, supplied by Automatic Heating. These units can achieve a net efficiency of up to 108.6% to deliver seasonal savings of up to 35% over conventional boilers.
- Inbuilt pumps and flow & return headers reduce install time, plantroom space and installation errors.
- Cascadeable with BMS Interface option saves plantroom space and provides sequence control of multiple units with BMS feedback
- Isolation valves allow service or maintenance work to be carried out without disturbing the cascade arrangement
- Australian Certified Type A Appliance means no individual approval inspection is necessary
- Tower module available – this module incorporates a secondary pump and expansion tank and is designed to complement the water heating units
Want more information? Automatic Heating offers a free energy usage appraisal, technical advice and no-obligation consultations on system designs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 337 959.